×××

Yesterday...





we went to the opening of the new library here in Amsterdam
Here's a very long video they made of the official opening on Saturday.







This is a great view from the ground floor , behind this were the escalators which made you feel like you were in a luxurious department store....where unfortunately you have to bring the goods back

When I was 6 years old I was strongly against that idea... I didn't want to bring back books that I loved..... after a while I saw the benefits..... it's not practical to want to own everything you like. I hope this new library will grow on me the way my childhood library did

Architect : Jo Coenen & Co

3 comments:

simply olive said...

...ok, i had a type-o
anyway, this looks like a gorgeous museum!
i recently discovered your blog, and it's becoming one of my favorites to browse. i'm enamored w/ contmeporary/scandinavian design, and really enjoy your posts.
...i invite you to drop by mine sometime.

Emma ::emmas designblogg:: said...

Oh my god, that is one amazing library! I'll definitely have to visit the place when i come to Amsterdam in August. Thanks for posting this!

emma said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous! Can't wait till I come back to Amsterdam next time (next summer, hopefully)...